Dr. Gustin offers a variety of services from medical consultant to legal expert witness.
Dr. Barry E. Gustin is residency-trained and board certified in Emergency Medicine and Forensic Medicine and has been actively practicing in the fields of Emergency Medicine, Toxicology, and Forensic Medicine for more than 30 years. He has additional training and expertise in Medical, Occupational, and Environmental Toxicology and has Masters Degrees in Biochemistry, Metabolism, and Nutrition, as well as Toxicology and Public Health. He is the primary founder of the American College of Forensic Medicine which currently has more than 2,000 members.
Dr. Gustin has reviewed thousands of medical malpractice, personal injury, criminal, and toxicology cases during his career. He is an expert medical consultant. Dr. Gustin also has substantial testimony experience as an expert witness.
You can access Dr. Gustin's medical-legal experience by requesting a FREE phone or email consultation now. To review all the Services he offers, please
To see all of his medical and legal expert services, click here.
Dr. Gustin's education, training, and experience qualify him to evaluate and testify regarding a broad range of cases. He is an expert in the following medical and toxicology areas:
- Emergency Medicine, medical, surgical, pediatric
- Emergency Medical Ambulance Services (EMS)
- Trauma and Critical Care
- Forensic Toxicology
- Medical Toxicology and Poisoning (eg: accidental overdose, carbon monoxide poisoning, and all other product and drug exposures)
- Occupational and Environmental Toxicology
- Mechanisms and Forces of Injury in Criminal Cases
- Substance Abuse and Drug Addiction (Drug and Alcohol, including DUI)
- Electrical Injury
- Pharmaceutical Medicine (Drug-Drug interactions, Drug-Disease Interactions, Overdose, Unsafe poorly tested Drugs, Adverse Drug Reactions)
- Flight, Travel, and Wilderness Medicine
- Hospital Malpractice
- Public Health (eg: Legionnaire's Disease, Outbreak Diseases, Food Poisoning, and Waterborne Diseases)
- Legal Medicine (standard of care, evidence-based causation, medical ethics)
His primary areas of specialization are emergency medicine and toxicology:
A partial list of cases Dr. Gustin has consulted on include: drugs of abuse including Methamphetamine, Cocaine, Opiates, Ambien,and Alcohol, occupational chemical poisonings including toluene, benzene, isocyanates, other solvents, heavy metals including lead, carbon monoxide, and cyanide, occupational and travel-related infectious illness including Legionnaire's disease, MRSA, skin infections, bacterial enteritis, misdiagnosis and delayed treatments in the ER, civil rights cases, environmental exposure cases including contaminated water and sewage exposure.
Dr. Gustin's expert opinions will comply with ACEP (American College of Emergency Physicians) guidelines for Expert Witness Testimony: See: http://www.acep.org/practres.aspx?id=29446 ; the ACT (American College of Toxicology); and ACFE (American College of Forensic Examiners) Creed of Ethics. See: http://www.acfei.com/about_acfei/creed/
Primary Office: 3070 Kirk Street, Miami, FL 33133, Telephone: 305-590-5900
Secondary Office: 3535 Hagen Road, Napa, CA 94558, Secondary Telephone: 707-690-9119